Sunday, April 20, 2008

Tennis Tennis Tennis

So there is a saying that goes: “You learn something new everyday.” Well, I certainly felt that way this week. I did a new segment of “the County Line” this week and I absolutely loved it. My assignment was sports so I went to the producer, T.J., and asked him what he wanted from me. After much ado about nothing we settled on me getting interviews form the tennis team. I thought to myself oh this will be fun and not too difficult but not everything works out easy. I set out to the tennis courts to grab a few interviews. I was wrong in thinking it would be easy. When I loaded up my car I realized that it wouldn’t start and the practice courts were so far away. Well I solved my dilemma by calling my roommate who came on the shoot with because she drove the car. After my car didn’t start I thought that was the rough patch for the day, apparently I was wrong because we got lost trying to get to the courts and once we got there they were in deep in practice. Thankfully Scooter, the coach, let me take them one by one and get en I went to interviews.. I only expected to do like three but I ended up doing the whole team (a whopping 6 players) Well I started to do the interviews and when I went to white balance it kept giving me an SW error. Now I am pretty good at troubleshooting a camera and figuring out what is wrong but I just had no idea what this was. So I tried everything I know to make not so bright and easier to white balance Well I tried and tried but nothing came of it. I really needed to shoots I went ahead and filmed it anyway. Lucky me it gave me the bluest video I have ever seen. I felt so bad I tried so hard and nothing came of it. Considering what a tight schedule I run on I wasn’t about to go get more interviews all over again so I sat down with adobe and started fiddling with the video affects. By the end of it, my blue video looked like very good video. I found coloring adjustments and they made a world of difference. So over the course of this week I have learned something new everyday!

1 comment:

Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said...

The learning is in the doing...
John Dewey- EXPERIENCE & LEARNING