Sunday, February 17, 2008

blogging

Blogging is like keeping a journal. I have never been one to keep a journal except when i need to blow off steam so this is a new thing for me. When I first started out I honestly thought it was kind of silly. Then I realized that I could be doing a lot of more random things for class. I actually don't mind it and have been able to make a connection of why we do it. I think its actually a good way of just talking about broadcasting and things that happen and influence it. What really surprises me is that i have been able to find something to write about each week.... and I've actually remembered to do it each week. But this week I sat down and realized that I really don't have too much to say. Maybe because I have a lot on my mind or maybe its just that nothing that interesting has happened. Expect for one thing, the writer strike. This week the writers of TV decided that they will come back to work. I know everyone i talked are so excited that their TV shows will be back on. I can't say that i blame them... its hard to stop a routine .... especially when it involves a plot like Grey's. I love how people get so into certain shows that if you walk in and need to talk to them during the show you get shushed. Writers have a an uncanny way of writing and plotting shows to keep viewers hooked. Its amazing the power that the media has. If you think about the media is what people look to when they need to know something important. The news supplies people with events that are happening on an almost minute to minute basis. Thats why being the news channel with the story first is so important because we as an audience want to know whats going on right now. If you give us something that happened two days ago our interest is lost; its not the present. Grammy and Oscars let us in on who's the best at what. It lets us know what music is hip and which movies we should see. Instead of spending our time looking for a good movie or wondering what we should listen to... its handed to us though the media. Yes, we still make our own judgments and yes we all have different tastes but for the most part wheat we think is cool is all based off of what we watch see and hear on the media. I just think its fascinating that the media has such a power over their audience.

1 comment:

Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said...

Consider your mission statement for your blog-- do you want to redefine it-- massage it-- update it.

Developing a mission can help you focus your blogging efforts week to week.